Contract Type: Permanent
Contract Hours: Full Time
Remuneration/ Pay rate: GBP 35,000pa
Location: Kings Cross, London from 1 November, (St Albans up to 1 November 2021)
Could you help to build a global community of government leaders?
Global Government Forum is a website for senior civil servants around the world. We are looking for a Writer and Community Co-ordinator to produce news and features for our global audience of public officials, and help to build a thriving community on social media.
The successful candidate will have excellent research and writing skills alongside social media expertise and the ability to nurture a high level of debate and interaction.
Global Government Forum exists to help civil service leaders to meet shared policy challenges, lead government organisations, reshape public services and develop their careers. We provide editorial coverage, events and research free of charge to an audience of 300,000 public sector professionals on six continents, enabling them to learn from their peers overseas and to keep up to date with events in their own countries.
As Writer and Community Co-ordinator you will:
- Research and write editorial content, including news. Features and our webinar reports
- Work alongside the editor to identify and commission community posts
- Work with the editor and executive editor to develop, create and produce alternative media channels including podcasts, video journalism and other innovations
- Support the editor with social media, including drawing on insights from the community to inform editorial
- Work alongside the editor to co-ordinate digital content, including planning and production
- Work with commercial sponsors on developing content targeting the community
- Represent GGF at functions, and report from events and conferences virtual or physical
- The role will report to the editor and when Covid restrictions allow will be located at our office in London from 1 November 2021 (St Albans up to 1 November 2021).
- Demonstrable experience of researching and writing news and features
- Excellent writing ability with accurate spelling and grammar
- Demonstrable interest in the operation of government and the wider public sector
- Demonstrable interest in civil services and public policy
- Experience of developing alternative media such as podcasts
- Experience of posting on official social media channels and developing creative approaches to engaging audiences online
- Experience of moderating the community and participating in threads
- Strong computer and internet literacy
Key skills and behaviour
- Proven writing and research skills
- Creative approach to engaging audiences
- Able to work in a small team
- Able to prioritise tasks
- Excellent organisational skills
- Readiness to work out of hours as required to hit deadlines at busy times
- Attention to detail
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why your experience, skills and knowledge make you the right person for this job to Kevin Sorkin, at [email protected]
About Pendragon International Media
Pendragon International Media, the publisher of Global Government Forum, is a fast-growing small business that helps senior civil servants around the world to meet policy, management and service delivery challenges by building their skills, knowledge and connections. For more information, see Pendragon International Media.